The Memorial Clock in Taree was unveiled in 1925 in it’s original position at the crossroad of Victoria and Manning Streets.
The clock was built as a memorial to those who fought during World War 1 and stood at the gateway to the township of Taree.
When the road became part of the Pacific Hwy in 1966, it was decided to relocate the clock to it’s current position in Fotheringham Park. To do this, the memorial was carefully dismantled and each piece numbered to make sure it was precisely reassembled in it’s new position.
Inside is a time capsule containing newspapers from the day, along with coins and signatures from notable people of the time.
This is just one of the interesting pieces of history around Taree.